Our firm engages in general practice and in the provision of both solicitor and advocate services as is the legal regime in Sierra Leone. Our firm’s partners are practising legal practitioners and have between them over twenty years’ experience in the practice of law and general provision of legal services. The partners also have a long history of working with corporate entities such as financial institutions, multinational companies and individual business people in cutting deals, recovering debts and resolving commercial disputes. We also provide sound guidance on corporate governance and help business entities structure their outfits in compliance with the law and to maximize profits. We advise non-governmental organisations both local and international in setting up in Sierra Leone. We provide legal services in regard their incorporation or registration process, employment matters and provide them corporate secretarial services, consultancy, and other ranging services. Our legal consultancy services are drawn from the partners’ extensive experience in providing legal consultancies for both national and international entities on domestic law, international law, human rights law, corporate and business law. Our firm boasts a broad-based clientele ranging from boutique commercial businesses to diplomatic and consular missions, state-owned agencies, parastatals, non-governmental organizations (both local and international), financial institutions, multinational corporations, distinguished statesmen, reputable business persons and senior private citizens. Our services are retained by leading commercial banks, financial institutions, international and local not-for-profit entities, mobile network operators, insurance companies, charitable organisations, religious groups, corporate entities in addition to the large number of individual clientele we represent.
Our criminal practice is in the following areas
- RepresentationsWe provide ranging legal services in criminal matters such as representation at the police stations, Criminal Investigations Department (CID) and at the Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Document Preparation, Filling & ProsecutionWe file and prosecute private criminal summonses in the Magistrates’ Court and represent on fiats from the state, complainants/victims in criminal matters instituted at the instance of the state both in the Magistrates’ and High courts.
- Defence RepresentationWe also provide defence representation for accused/defendant in the Magistrates’ Court and the superior court of judicature. We only provide legal support and defence representation to clients being investigated or prosecuted by the Anti-Corruption Commission for a corruption offence, where we reasonably believe that the clients were innocent or were not complicit in the crime.
Our civil practice is in the following areas:
- Admiralty Law
- Arbitration (Domestic and International)
- Banking & Finance Law
- Commercial / Business Law and Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Conveyancing Law
- Employment and Labour Law
- General Practice (Individuals, Entities-both profit and charities)
- Human Rights and Advocacy Law
- Immigration Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Investment Law
- International Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Trade Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Oil & Gas Law
- Property Law
- Real Estates
- Taxation Law
- Trusts & Estates